Protecting people from the weather in the UK is a task for all seasons and covered walkways offer a solution for bridging two or more areas and buildings so that staff, patients and visitors can have access all year round. The covered walkways below show the budget wall-mounted and free standing options.
A stylish wall-mounted walkway ideal for connecting two buildings, available in three metre lengths. Constructed with a curved roof made from UV resistant poly-carbonate panels mounted on a powder coated steel frame.
- Covered walkway that fixes to the side of a building.
- Modular design in three metre lengths.
- Stylish curved roof, made from UV resistant opaque poly-carbonate mounted on a steel frame.
- Optional side panels made from tough clear perspex for improved weather protection.
- Must be bolted to 250 mm thick concrete (fixings included).
- Delivered in knock-down form / Flat packed
- Keeps people dry as they move from building to building.
- Prevents goods and materials from getting wet whilst in transit.
- Provides up to 97% ultra-violet protection.
Free Standing Walkways
Special Covered Walkway
A stylish freestanding walkway ideal for connecting two buildings, available in three metre lengths. Constructed with a curved roof made from UV resistant poly-carbonate panels mounted on a powder coated steel frame. If you are within 5 miles of the coast we would recommend the additional weather treatment for the steel.
Standard Covered Walkway System
This range of covered walkways are stylish, functional and can be adapted to suit every site. Manufactured in the UK, these structures can be used to provide cover to outdoor spaces or create a covered link way between buildings.
Made from galvanized mild steel, all canopies and walkways can be colour coated in any BS or RAL colour as required. The roof is manufactured from a transparent, UV stable PETG glazing, this hard-wearing material is designed to be vandal resistant while the transparency minimizes the loss of light underneath the shelter.
Fully compliant with BS EN 5950, these robust structures offer a practical, attractive and versatile solution to covering outdoor spaces. Available flanged or ragged. Guttering and additional side panels are available on request.
Bespoke Covered Walkway
- Walkways are freestanding.
- Canopies are wall and ground fixed.
- Available in 1.5 m, 2.5 m and 3.5 m widths;
- Walkway Main bays are 4.0 m in length, Canopies are 1 m.
- Extension bays available.
- Uprights and cross-beams made of 90 mm x 90 mm box section. Arches made of 100 mm x 60 mm box section.
- Roof cladding is Clearview PET 5mm thick sheeting, (clamped in position to maintain rigidity).
- Shipped in kit-form for easy assembly on site.
- Available ragged for casting-in or flanged for bolting down.
- Guttering: the walkways are supplied as standard without rainwater guttering, however this is available at an extra charge.
- PET side-panelling is available at an extra charge to provide lateral weather protection.
- Depth 1060 mm x 2451 mm height x 1750 mm overall width
- Depth 1060 mm x 2598 mm height x 2750 mm overall width
- Depth 1060 mm x 2812 mm height x 3750 mm overall width
- Extension bay are an additional 1060 mm depth
- Depth 4060 mm x 2451 mm height x 1750 mm overall width
- Depth 4060 mm x 2598 mm height x 2750 mm overall width
- Depth 4060 mm x 2812 mm height x 3750 mm overall width
- Extension bay are an additional 4060 mm depth
- Colour coated frames are also available.
- Extension bays are available.
- Custom/ bespoke walkways and shelters available on request.